The terms and conditions listed below explain the services I offer, including their limitations and guarantees. But most importantly they make sure you know what you can expect of me, and vice versa.
When you ask me to undertake work for you, you agree to all the terms and conditions listed on this page. Therefore, before booking my services please read these terms and conditions carefully.
In these terms:
- “I” and “Blue Robin Copy Services” relates to Lyndsay Purdie and my business, Blue Robin Copy Services.
- “You” and “Customer” relates to you.
What you can expect of me:
- I will complete your work in full by our agreed deadline.
- I will complete all services to the standards laid out on this website and in these terms and conditions.
- I will follow any specific instructions you require with regards to language and style.
- I will always provide a professional, courteous and reliable service.
What I expect from my clients:
- A clear brief of the work you require, including deadlines, styles and any special requirements.
- Punctuality – please ensure you meet the agreed deadline for submitting your work/materials. Failure to do so may mean I am unable to meet the agreed deadline for completed work.
- You must provide accurate personal information (name, address, phone number, email address).
- Payments – please make payments within the agreed time frame, including deposits. You will email me your work/materials by midnight of the day before your booked slot. Failure to do so may mean I am unable to meet the agreed deadline for completed work. Payment in full will still be due.
- If you can no longer meet your submission deadline and need to rearrange please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- If you aren’t able to meet the terms above, it may prevent me from completing your work, delay its return, or I may have to make an additional charge.
- I will provide a quote for your project in writing before starting any work. If any additions or changes are made to the project, before or during, a new quote will be provided.
- You will email me your work/materials by midnight of the day before your booked slot. Failure to do so may mean I am unable to meet the agreed deadline for completed work. Payment in full will still be due. If you can no longer meet your submission deadline and need to rearrange please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
- Your completed work will be emailed to you no later than midnight on the deadline day.
Prices, deposits and payments
- My prices vary depending on the type and difficulty of your work. Occasionally I offer discounts for new or existing clients. The price I quote is based on my current pricing at that moment and is the price you agree to pay.
- Quotes are valid for a period of 30 days after you receive them.
- I ask for a 20% non-refundable deposit to secure your work in my schedule. This is payable within two weeks of agreement. If the deposit is not received within this period, I will make the slot available to other clients. The deposit paid will be deducted from your final invoice.
- Payment is required within 14 days (unless agreed otherwise) of the invoice date.
- Payment can be made via bank transfer. A statement for your account can be provided on request.
- For late payment, I may levy additional interest charges and fees.
Copyright & ownership
- You retain ownership and copyright of all documents submitted to Blue Robin Copy Services.
- Once payment for work has been received, any content or work created by me becomes your ownership and copyright, unless otherwise agreed.
- I will keep your work completely confidential. At no time will your work or information be shared by me with anyone else.
- I will keep a copy of the work I do for you, and any related email correspondence, for a period of 12 months. If you do not wish a copy to be kept, please let me know in writing. After this period, any emails and documents will be deleted and I will not be able to send the work to you again. If you would like your documents and/or emails deleted more quickly than this, please let me know
- In the unlikely event that I might be prevented from meeting a deadline or service, I will let you know as soon as possible. If a revised deadline cannot be agreed then your 20% deposit will be refunded. I accept no liability for any knock-on effect this may cause you.
- If you cancel prior to the date of your agreed slot, I will retain the 20% deposit, but no further payment will be required.
- If you cancel during your booked slot, 100% of the agreed fee will be required within 14 days of the invoice.
- If you are affected by extraordinary or difficult circumstances, which cause you to cancel, please let me know and we will hopefully be able to come to a revised agreement.
Please ensure you read/check through your work carefully and ensure you are entirely happy with it before publishing/using it.
- I will endeavour to correct and query all errors and possible issues in your work, however the onus of your work remains with you. I cannot guarantee that any work will be completely error free when I return it to you.
- Please ensure that you have undertaken detailed research and checked all facts/quotes used in your work before sending it to me. I will endeavour to check any facts/quotes that raise my concern, however thorough fact/quote checking is not part of my editing or proofreading services.
I accept no liability for any errors remaining in the work or for any legal action arising as a result of any inaccurate or defamatory information appearing in your piece of work.
Documents I work on may include opinions or views that, unless expressly stated otherwise, are not my own or those of Blue Robin Copy Services. I accept no responsibility for, and exclude all liability in connection with, the use of information derived from documents edited by me, including but not limited to any misleading or defamatory statements.
Whilst I endeavour to complete work to an extremely high standard, I cannot guarantee that your work will be 100% error-free when returned to you.
To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, I disclaim all guarantees, warranties, and conditions, expressed or implied, in respect of my services and any information, content, or materials on this site, including any implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or non-infringement. I do not accept any liability whatsoever for any financial or other losses resulting from the use of my services, website, or business.
In no event am I liable for damages of any kind or in any way whatsoever, including lost revenues or profits, loss of business, or loss of data, or for any claim, loss, or injury based on errors or omissions, interruptions, mistakes, oversight, or any other inaccuracies appearing in this website or in work that I have carried out (including without limitation as a result of breach of any term of this agreement).
In no event is Blue Robin Copy Services liable for damages in excess of the amount paid by a customer for the service in question. I am not obligated to provide discounts or refunds for work that may contain errors when returned to you or under any other circumstances. All invoices still need to be paid in full.
Modifications of terms and conditions
These terms and conditions may be modified or revoked at any time, and without notice. Please ensure that you review the latest terms and conditions before asking me to complete work on your behalf.