As an editor, I pride myself on amending any issues and enhancing a document or manuscript, whilst maintaining the author’s voice, guaranteeing authenticity.
The result of my work is a document that is clear, correct, coherent, complete, concise, consistent and credible – the seven Cs of editing.
My editing process includes:
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Overuse – such as formatting styles, specific punctuation, the passive voice, very long sentences
- Correction or querying of doubtful facts, weak arguments, improbable actions or plot holes
- Content and structure, including information chunks
- Wording and tense
- Illustrations, graphs and tables
- Accuracy and anomalies
- Awkward or irregular sentence structure and word usage
- Legal issues* – plagiarism, breach of copyright, libel, obscenity and incitement to racial hatred
I usually make corrections/suggestions directly on your document/manuscript using track changes, however I can also provide mark-ups on paper copies if required.
I can work in either British or US English.
I will edit any type of document, from reports to websites, promotional material to books, and am happy to cover most subjects and genres.
I offer a free edit** to new prospective clients, so that you can get a feel for my editing style and can make sure that I am the right editor for you.
*Responsibility for these remain with the writer and publisher.
**One free sample edit for new customers.